A clove of raw garlic is an effective remedy for colds and flu, actually, if you don’t want the odour in your mouth after eating garlic, you can drink a cup of garlic tea.
As a good ingredient for colds and viral infections, garlic makes you feel better instantly when you have a cold.
Garlic Tea Recipe
- 1 clove of garlic (fresh garlic is top option)
- 200 ml water
- 3g of grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
Cut the garlic clove into small pieces.
Boil the water, then add garlic pieces and grated ginger. Keep boiling the mixture for 20 minutes with low heat.
Turn off the heat and let it cool for some minutes. Strain the contents, add the lemon juice and honey, at last, they will make the garlic odor disappear and make the drink taste fresh.
Have this drink in the morning on an empty stomach.For treating the colds and flu, you can have 2-3 cups throughout the day.
Besides relieving the symptoms of colds and flu, this simple garlic drink will help you fight against various illnesses and improve your overall health as well. It has healing properties and also packed with several vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Garlic has many benefits that supported by science, it’s always wise to have this amazing ingredient in your kitchen to improve your health.
More Health Benefits of Garlic
- Garlic helps you fight against bacterial and viral infections;
- Garlic prevents the formation of clots in the body due to its anti-clotting properties;
- The compound allicin in garlic helps in keeping your blood pressure in check, that’s why garlic is a popular natural alternative to blood pressure medication;
- Garlic protects your heart from damages;
- Allicin also reduces the levels of bad cholesterol;
- Garlic maintains your blood sugar at a healthy level;
- Regular consumption of garlic also helps beat iron deficiency and anemia;
- This common spice also has anti-cancer properties;
- If you want to lose weight, eat garlic regularly, as garlic helps regulate the formation of fat cells in your body.
Beauty Uses of Garlic
- With antibacterial and antiviral effects, garlic is widely used in treating skin problems such as acne and pimples;
- The high levels of allicin makes garlic a good remedy for curing hair loss;
- Garlic oil massage is one of the most commonly uses natural remedies for stretch marks;
- The antioxidants in garlic maintain your skin youthful and reduce wrinkles.
Household Uses of Garlic
- Mosquitoes hate the smell of garlic, simply rubbed a garlicky concoction or some drops of garlic oil on your arms may keep mosquitoes at bay;
- A clove of garlic helps you clean your glass easily, rub the garlic juice on the cracks in glass to wipe away any unwanted stuff;
- Garlic juice can be added to water, liquid soap to make a natural pesticide. Use it in your garden to keep the pests at bay.