Time magazine called inflammation ‘the secret killer’. And they were right on the money. Inflammation has been linked to heart disease, cancer, diabetes, Alzheimer’s and other diseases.
Here are 25 essential oils that will help you fight inflammation and reduce pain.
1. Rosemary: This essential oil can fight inflammation, reduce joint pain and lower back pain. It has also been proven to boost memory.
2. Camphor: Camphor has strong anti-inflammatory properties and can reduce pain.
3. Vetiver: Even though this herbs isn’t popular in the U.S it has been proven to fight inflammation.
4. Frankincense: This essential oil can benefit people with arthritis since it reduces inflammation and arthritis symptoms.
5. Myrrh: Myrrh can treat inflammatory diseases and it’s more potent when combined with frankincense.
6. Peppermint: Research shows peppermint can relieve nausea and stomachaches. It also helps relax muscles and treat headaches.
7. Juniper: This oil fights inflammation and helps treat painful diseases colitis, and hemorrhoids.
8. Sandalwood: Not only does sandalwood fight inflammation, it also helps stop nerve pain. It can benefit people with sciatica.
9. Osmanthus: Popular in Asia, helps general pain and muscle aches. Applying it can also reduce inflammation.
10. Lavender: This is one of the best pain relievers and it has strong anti-inflammatory properties.
11. Chamomile: It can benefit people with migraines and lower back pain. It also has anti-inflammatory effects.
12. Wintergreen: It can help reduce menstrual cramps and arthritis pain.
13. Sweet Marjoram: This essential oil has properties that will fight different pains and reduce inflammation.
14. German Chamomile: Don’t confuse this with the chamomile mentioned above. This one has strong antioxidant properties and helps treat migraines.
15. Clary sage: It has anti-inflammatory properties and also helps increase calmness.
15. Helichrysum: This essential oil can benefit people with arthritis. It fights inflammation and stops pain.
17. Yarrow: Use yarrow if you have sore muscles, it does a great job reducing muscle and joint aches.
18. Thyme: Thyme can treat all sorts of pain – lower back pain, muscle aches, menstrual pain, and migraines.
19. Ginger: Ginger has potent anti-inflammatory properties.
20. Blue tansy: This essential oil can reduce pain. It also prevents inflammatory diseases.