For people that aren’t familiar with this soup, it may sound a bit wrong BUT please just give it a try and you’re almost guaranteed to absolutely love it. It really blends together in harmony and you will wonder why you haven’t made it before.
⚪️ 500 grams cauliflower
⚪️ 1 tbsp cider vinegar
⚪️ sea salt
⚪️ 300 grams pears
⚪️ 1 shallot
⚪️ 1 garlic clove, crushed
⚪️ 1 tbsp olive oil
⚪️ 1 sprig of rosemary
⚪️ 50 ml white wine
⚪️ 500 ml vegan vegetable boullion
⚪️ freshly ground black pepper
⚪️ black onion seeds
1. Cut the cauliflower into florets.
2. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil. Add vinegar and blanch the cauliflower florets for 2 minutes. Drain well. Set aside 100 grams of the cauliflower florets.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Saute shallot and garlic until softened, but not coloured.
4. Add the rosemary leaves, cauliflower and pears and cook for a further minute.
5. Add wine and cook a further minute before stirring in the vegetable bouillon.
6. Bring to the boil and simmer, with the lid on, for 15 minutes.
7. Remove soup from heat and cool slightly. Puree and season to taste.
8. Return soup to the heat and stir in the reserved cauliflower florets. Heat until warmed.